7 Ways to Make Twitter Work for You Right Now
Posted by advantagemarketing on February 23, 2011
By Loraine Kasprzak, MBA
Here are 7 of the tips I’m sharing now with Advantage Marketing clients for getting more out of Twitter – whether it be more newsletter subscribers, blog readers, Facebook “likes”, or face-to-face meetings.
- Set up an automatic direct message (“DM”) so that when someone follows you on Twitter, they get a link to your newsletter, blog, Facebook page, or website.
Here’s what @AtlNonProfitPro uses:
Thanks for following Atlanta NonProfit Professionals. Join us for our monthly Career Growth and Social Networking events held all over Atlanta
Thanks for following! Looking forward to connecting with you! Stop by and become a fan on FB http://www.facebook.com/womenentrepre
- Use a service such as HootSuite or TweetDeck to schedule your tweets. Then set up a monthly Tweet that says, “Hey! Have you signed up for our newsletter…” or whatever action you want followers to take.
- Retweet. Even if you don’t have the time to create your own tweets, retweeting shows you are an active part of the community, and not just pushing your own agenda. Retweeting also has the happy consequence of getting others’ followers to follow you.
- Tweet and retweet more frequently. The more you show up in your followers’ tweet streams, the more top-of-mind you are. 3-6 tweets/retweets per day is something you can more than likely fit into your busy schedule.
- Add relevant photos to your tweets. Research has shown that Tweets with photos attached can boost engagement.
- Register your Twitter account with Listorious. This service is free, and it allows people to find and follow you more easily on Twitter based on the keywords you select.
- Set up your Twitter profile – don’t leave this real estate empty – and populate it with relevant keywords. Be sure to include a photo and your website or blog URL. Your profile helps people decide if they want to follow you.
Pressed for time? Advantage Marketing consultants can get you set up on social media tools like Twitter and help you create valuable content to share. Contact Advantage Marketing today.
This entry was posted on February 23, 2011 at 3:17 pm and is filed under B2B marketing, Business, Marketing, Social media marketing, Twitter. Tagged: business, marketing, social networking, Twitter, Twitter for business. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.