Quick Start Checklist for Blogging
Posted by advantagemarketing on July 18, 2011
I had the opportunity to present “What’s the Big Deal about Blogging?” to the Institute of Management Consultants New Jersey Chapter. Many of the consultants who attended were new to blogging, so I shared the checklist below to help them get started.
- Research your key words
- www.Google.com/adsense is a good free tool
- Choose your blogging platform and register
- View a tutorial or two – it’s worth the effort
- Customize your blog template
- Keep it simple and professional
- Add extra features (“widgets” and “sidebars”)
- Add relevant pages (e.g., Contact Us)
- Decide on topics for your first 3 posts
- Set a schedule to write
- What are you doing Saturday at 7AM?
- Keep posts short (400-800 words)
- Read 15 Tips for Creating Engaging Content
- Write about your key words
- Link from your post to other content
- Add a call to action
- Adda photo to your post
- Add interest with a creative, quirky or fun photo
- Visit flickr.com, Google Images – Creative Commons sources
- Review posts before publishing
- Check for typos, inaccuracies, broken links
- Put key words in your headline
- Add tags & categories – search engines like these!
- Publish your post
- Allow readers to comment
- Use platform’s Publicize feature
- Respond to comments
Subscribe now! Get the Marketing Advantage by email. Just click on the Subscribe Today! link in the right sidebar.
This entry was posted on July 18, 2011 at 4:15 pm and is filed under Business, Marketing, Social media marketing. Tagged: blogging, blogging for business development, marketing, Social media. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.