Use Small Business Saturday to Get Your Business Going Again
Posted by advantagemarketing on November 9, 2012
With so many NJ small businesses knocked flat by Hurricane Sandy, it’s easy for owners whose businesses are still up and running to forget that the holiday shopping season is on our doorstep. American Express is once again promoting Small Business Saturday, a day dedicated to supporting small businesses on what is typically one of the busiest shopping weekends of the year.
Why not use this event to get your business focused back on sales?
Small Business Saturday is November 24. Take advantage of AMEX’s free promotional tools which include:
- Free in-store signage which can be customized with your company name and details of an in-store offer. This year, you can get two pieces of your Small Business Saturday signage printed for free at FedEx Office.
- Free personalized ad for which American Express will give you free geo-targeted online advertising to drive traffic to your company website or Facebook page.
- Sample emails to send to customers and employees about your company’s participation.
- Sample blog, Facebook and Twitter posts that you can use to send out before and after the event to talk up your participation.
- Online banners that can be posted on your website.
- Small Business Saturday and Shop Small logos in formats suitable for both print and online materials.
- Success stories from last year’s participants to motivate you and give you fresh ideas.
Use the day to create a special offer or experience for your customers. Here are some ideas:
- Feature holiday merchandise.
- Provide a flat discount or gift with a purchase.
- Offer special services such as free gift wrapping.
- Host a guest appearance from a designer, author, or other guest.
You can also let your customers know that American Express is offering a special incentive for Cardmembers: a $25 statement credit for Cardmembers who register their card and spend $25 or more at any qualifying small business that accepts AMEX.
Put Small Business Saturday to work for you. It’s the day when the community comes together to show its support for you, the small business owner, and to give you exposure during the holiday shopping season.
As always, our thoughts are with those in our community and state who have been impacted by the devastation.